Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Lil' Lakescapes

A couple of small paintings I finished this morning. Both are painted from imagination and inspired by my time living next to Cordell Hull.


Sunset lake-scape. September 2011, Oil on canvas panel

Continuing to paint experimenting with a few different colors. Substituting things like Cadmium Yellow with Naples Yellow, and cutting back on the use of reds a little bit.


Snowy lake-scape. September 2011, Oil on canvas panel

This one was painted using primarily Blues and white. Although I must admit I used just a little bit of permanent rose in the sky and Burnt Umber in the tree trunk silhouettes. It's about time to start thinking about cold weather!

1 comment:

  1. That's exquisite. You really captured the feel of winter-I can almost taste the chill in the air.

    ReplyDelete